Eileen has tagged me (unless there’s another Jarred who reads her blog) for a meme. Fortunately, this one is only asking for “random” facts about me rather than “werid” facts. Of course, as a software engineer, I suspect my facts will actually be pseudorandom rather than truly random. At any rate, here goes the meme:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don?t forget to leave them a comment telling them they?re tagged, and to read your blog.
My random facts:
1. I used to be terribly shy and rarely spoke around others. In fact, one woman who used to attend the church I went to while in college admitted to me after two years that she originally thought I was mute.
2. I’m 5’10”. My first boyfriend was 5’3″. My second boyfriend was 5’10”. My most recent boyfriend (though I’m not sure that word applies, considering we weren’t together for much more than a week) was 6’2″. If this trend continues, I suspect I’ll need a stepladder to kiss my next boyfriend.
3. There are two points in my life where I seriously considered going into the ministry. The first was in junior high. The second time was in college. I’ve since changed religions (obviously).
4. I kissed a guy for the first time in my life this past February.
5. I absolutely love mathematics. However, I prefer abstract mathematics. This is rather strange for someone who is a software engineer, as engineers prefer practical applications of mathematics. (After all, it’s what our job is about!)
6. My hand-eye coordination is terrible, if not non-existent. This is due to the fact that I had a lazy eye for the first twenty seven years of my life. My point of focus would change instantaneously, making it rather difficult to hit or catch a ball moving towards me at relatively high velocities.
7. I can count the number of musicals I’ve seen (either on television or live) on one hand. The gay male community is still debating whether to revoke my membership. (Note: Anyone who even thinks of complaining about my invocation of this stereotype should stop reading my blog now.)
8. I only have one planet in my entire natal chart that’s in an earth sign. The planet is Venus. It’s in Taurus. For those familiar with astrology, that explains a lot about my personality. (For those who know nothing about astrology, Neener!)
Okay, now for eight people I think will respond to a tag, but haven’t been tagged by someone else (I hope):